Natura Life Science | Senior Art Director
This job post has expired
Senior Art Director
At Natura Life+Science, we believe that cannabis is a gift from nature perfectly designed to enhance our lives. Our mission is to deliver that gift to you by utilizing our incredible team, pharmaceutical-grade facilities, processes, and the best technology available.
Service is the key to significance. We lead by serving others. We encourage and invest in our team’s growth and education. We understand that our team is what differentiates us from everyone else. Our workplace is a safe, open place where exceptional people can share their talents, dreams and ideas.
We are building an in-house team to rival the A team at any agency. And, we’re going to have a lot of fun doing it. This is an opportunity to own and build a discipline within the marketing team from the ground up. Work on modern lifestyle, wellness, and medicinal brands that will be loved by consumers. This team will operate on the same level as external agencies, start with a blank page, build brands, and see them through their launches, and evolutions.
Sacramento is a magical place in middle of everywhere your mood might want to take you: SF, Sonoma, Napa, Tahoe, Yosemite, Carmel, Sequoia, Redwoods, etc. It’s all within a short drive from SacTown. This “City of Trees” is home to 14 world-class farmer’s markets, rivers, lakes, trails, parks, and farm-to-fork restaurants. What does all of this mean? Access to the outdoors, rafting, biking, hiking, skiing, boating, backpacking, wine country, fresh food, and a way more manageable lifestyle, all at a sizable lower cost of living index than most larger cities on the entire west coast.
The Senior Art Director will have a passion for creating memorable and effective ideas that move people to action. The ideal candidate is highly conceptual, loves to tackle design challenges and is ready to make their concepts come to life. Most critically, this senior creative must be idea oriented, incredibly curious and understands how to execute their ideas across multiple channels.
• Collaborate in concept development with marketing team and agency partners.
• Assist writers, marketing team, and creative directors to bring concepts to life.
• Participate in strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development, and creative execution.
• Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Interact with marketing team to understand business objectives, consumer profiles, and key measures for success.
• Be able to collaborate with CMO and translate constructive feedback into effective design.
• Manage the quality of all deliverables and ensure they meet Natura standards for creative excellence
• Partner with various team members (Producers, Marketing, Writers, Digital Strategists, etc.) to ensure art and design concepts are delivered on time and in line with expectations
• Has a portfolio filled with integrated, cross platform, campaigns that have been effective in delivering results against objectives and strategies
• Has a collaborative work ethic and easy going nature
• Takes constructive criticism with ease and grace
• Is comfortable working with and presenting to internal teams with diverse backgrounds
• Has a naturally curious mind and passion for storytelling across channels
• Is an experienced multi-tasker and is not intimidated by the thought of juggling multiple projects and tasks at once
• Can collaborate and foster relationships with external vendors and agencies in order to achieve the most effective work and messaging for our target audiences
Experience and Capabilities
• Bachelor’s degree in design; communication design, advertising design or interaction design
• Expertise working with digital platforms and emerging technologies
• 5-8 years of relevant work experience
• Proficiency in Mac OSX, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and Microsoft Office
• Strong proficiency in strategic thinking and planning
• Strong and varied portfolio of work showcasing examples of effective concepts and creative concepting and execution expertise
• Experience with blank page identity development, logos, visual identity systmes, package design
• Strong preference given to candidates with photography skills
• Video editing and retouching capabilities a plus
• Experiential/promotions background desired
*Please include your portfolio/link with your resume.
• Paid Health Benefits – Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage. Natura pays 100% of your healthcare premiums and partial for your family and offers a variety of choices and plans! We also offer life insurance to all employees, in addition to long-term and short-term disability coverage.
• Paid Time Off – Flexible and generous vacation policy with many company holidays.
• Great Company Culture – We are a fun and close team. Family oriented environment. Casual, comfortable attire. Not only is it okay to be unique in the way you do things, we encourage it!
• Opportunity for Growth – Success is a team effort and we strive to be the best we can be by encouraging employees to develop professionally by learning new tasks and working across teams.
• Setting Industry Standards – Our vertically integrated business model enables us to bring products to the emerging California marketplace in the most efficient manner and is designed to be compliant with GMP standards and will produce the highest level of safe and comprehensive products in the industry while creating a work environment that supports people of all backgrounds.
• Doing it Right – Everything we do here is built upon integrity, respect, teamwork, professionalism, and always knowing and doing what's right.