Vladimir Jones | Account Executive
This job post has expired
Vladimir Jones has an opening for an Account Executive who can juggle multiple clients with enthusiasm and has the drive to work in a fast-paced agency!
The Account Executive is an experienced individual responsible for managing specific client accounts and programs under the Account Supervisor or Account Director. The position requires the ability to manage projects from start to finish, earning the confidence of and developing a strong working rapport with, day-to-day client contacts. Two of the Account Executive’s critical roles are (1) internal support of the client team, and (2) collaborate/define projects with the extended agency team including production, creative, media, and operations.
• Develop and maintain active and productive working relationships with client contacts
• Develop a knowledge of, and be conversant in each client’s business – business model basics, key issues and competitive situation
• Anticipate, and proactively make the Account Supervisor/Director aware of any and all expectation issues
• Understand the functions and processes of all agency departments
• Effectively monitor the work of other agency departments against agreed upon timetables
• Effectively incorporate senior account management staff as project objectives or issues warrant
• Articulate, and adhere to, agreed upon project directives and production guidelines
• Evaluate and provide a point of view on strategic, creative and media alternatives
• Primary project executive on all client projects, demonstrating an ability to organize workload and workflow
• Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor and summarize progress of projects
• Ensure project completion on time, and on budget
• Provide daily end to end project management of assigned clients projects and workflows
• Agency Processes – work with teams to communicate and streamline workflow of agency processes, provides oversight that they are being followed correctly
• Flexibility with condensed timelines and changes; not all projects align with the schedule planned
• As requested, provide presentation support including content development, presentation creation, preparation and delivery
• Collect, analyze, organize and present an insightful point of view on client assignments or new opportunities
• Contribute to the development of project and/or annual client planning documents
• Consistently utilize agency tools and processes to ensure projects are on-time, on-budget and in support of the information needs of agency management
• Develops conference reports, job starts, change logs, strategic briefs, media briefs, buy authorizations, client status reports
• Responsible for project estimates and on-going budget & time reconciliations; reports on variances and needs which are outside of the project scope
• Prepare monthly budget recaps for each client and distribute to the supervisor
Qualifications / Skills
• Demonstrate a commitment to do whatever is required to get the job done right and with enthusiasm
• Possess sound judgment and effective problem-solving skills, learning quickly from experience
• Must demonstrate a high ability in priority setting, time management and managing workload – able to prioritize multiple tasks, deadlines and tight timelines
• High attention to detail – attentive, accurate and thorough
• Ability to negotiate with different personalities to accomplish goals
• Knack for managing up – proactively and efficiently communicates major project/client milestones to agency leadership
• A “self-starter” – able to anticipate needs, work with limited supervision and exercise independent judgment in problem solving when required
• Must be able to write and speak with clarity, authority and persuasion, possessing expert presentation and written skills to internal and external audiences
• Must have high budget management skills
• Ability to cultivate a collaborative work environment with team members and has a constant desire for relationship development (with clients, vendors, team members)
• Ability to multitask and support various groups of users
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, EAS and have a working knowledge of all agency presentation equipment
• Workamajig (or other project management software) knowledge is a bonus
Experience / Education Requirements
• Minimum 4-years’ experience within the advertising industry
• Project management experience is a plus
• Four-year degree from an accredited college/university in marketing or a related field
• Previous agency experience preferred
The following characteristics are expected of each employee of the agency regardless of role or responsibility:
• Trust: Acts with integrity, which means always doing the right thing legally, ethically and morally. Honors the spirit and intent of our commitments and promises, demonstrating consistency between our actions and our words.
• Collaboration: Every point in the process from the input you receive to the output you pass on is critical to flawless execution and achieving goals.
• Selflessness: Thinks of the agency first – not themselves. The agency work product is all that matters.
• Accountability: Everything you do – or don’t – matters. Every day you demonstrate responsibility to your team and pride in the work.